Blacklisting an IP is done the same way as whitelisting, however the difference is blacklisting an IP will completely block the address from your server. It is good to blacklist IP addresses which you do not want connecting to your server.
- First you will need to log in to Web Host Manager. Should you be a GreenGeeks Customer, this can be accomplished from inside your GreenGeeks Account Manager.
- Once logged in, click on “Plugins” followed by “ConfigServer Security & Firewall”.
- Next, scroll down to the ConfigServer Firewall section. Here you will see a number of different options for managing IP addresses.
- Look for the “Quick Deny” option (it should be a red box). All you need to do is type in the IP and click on the “Quick Deny” button. It is also a good idea to write a comment, such as “Attempted Hacker” or “Disgruntled Employee”, for the IP so you can remember what it was added for.
- Congratulations, you have successfully blacklisted an IP Address in ConfigServe Firewall.