GreenGeeks understands the need for high performance and reliable hosting solutions and our well planned infrastructure is one of the reasons why we're considered to be a great web hosting company. All of our servers are housed inside a state-of-the-art datacenter facility.
Our datacenter located in Chicago, IL is equipped with raised floors, climate control, 24/7 security, fire suppression systems, water detection systems, UPS & generators to ensure that our customers data is safe and secure. GreenGeeks uses the latest generation processors from Intel and uses Juniper and Cisco for network switching/routing.
- SAS 70 Type 1 certified (audit report available on request)
- Dual-city grid power feeds, plus battery backup with automated transfer switch and on-site diesel generator
- FM 200 server-safe fire suppression system with early pre-fire detection mechanism
- Automatic temperature and climate control system with humidity and temperature sensors located throughout the facility
- Biometric and key card security system including man-traps and rack level locking mechanism
- Staffed 24x7 by SingleHop data center technicians and engineers and monitored remotely
Our network is routed by the top of the line Juniper edge routers and aggregated through Cisco and Juniper switches. As a high quality web hosting partner, we have access to most major bandwidth providers, which have been selected based on routes to compliment our other providers. Our network gear is completely redundant all the way down to the uplinks that link up our cabinets, and to the providers that we have selected, along with the entry-points in to our facility.
Minimum Server Specifications
Technology is rapidly changing and we adapt to the changes as they happen. When you sign up with GreenGeeks, you can be sure to be provisioned on to servers with at least these specifications:
- Energy efficient Intel Dual Quad Core Xeon processors
- 8 GB DDR3 Memory
- 100Mpbs connection to the Switches.
- BGP4 Gigabit connectivity to multiple Fiber GigE Tier 1 Backbones.
- RAID-10 Storage Arrays for maximum performance & redundancy
- No desktop hardware what so ever
- Name brand server parts
- Never oversold
Our committment to excellence starts with the hardware that we use for our customers. Our buying power allows us to invest in superior hardware, which means we get high quality, name brand equipment. Our servers are based on Supermicro rackmountable servers and are powered by the most power-efficient processors. We only use the highest quality, name brand parts in our servers: