Together, the glaciers of Greenland and Antarctica hold three-quarters of the world’s fresh water. Due to the greenhouse effect and global warming, these glaciers are melting at an accelerated rate. If the trend continues, glacial melt could raise the sea level worldwide as much as 250 feet – enough to swamp coastal communities on every shore.
Also, many areas are already experiencing water shortages that threaten the health of their communities. The shrinking of glaciers only worsens the problem. When glacial ice melts into the ocean, it becomes non-potable, further diminishing the overall supply of fresh drinking water.
As the effects of global warming become increasingly severe, climate scientists are paying close attention to the migration and melting of Earth’s glaciers. They are also monitoring the volume of sea ice, those chunks that break from glaciers in “calving” events. This data provides a reliable measure of how quickly the climate is changing.
GreenGeeks is a rapidly growing web hosting company that is always looking add to its family. GreenGeeks has made the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America two years in a row. We are looking for a web developer who is passionate about web hosting.
Why Work for GreenGeeks?
– No more commuting and traffic! You will be working from the comfort of your home!
– All staff members receive 18 days of paid time off per year.
– We’re a home grown company with just over 40 team members and have great opportunities to move up and further your career!
– Your input and suggestions matter to us, we listen to all of our team members. We work as a team.
– Loyalty Merit Program: We’ll increase your pay the longer you work for us.
Job Code: WD2015
– Proficient in PHP, Perl, Bash, MySQL
– Knowledge of PHP Frameworks
– Knowledge of Linux-based Operating System
– Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
– Is able to speak fluent English
– Has a reliable high speed internet connection.
– Has knowledge/understanding of the Hosting Industry
– Development & Maintenance of Internal Applications
– Development & Maintenance of Client-facing Applications
– Server-side Programming
To Apply, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter + resume. Ensure that your subject line is the code mentioned above else it will be rejected. We prefer individuals located in the United States and Canada. We are not interested in Outsourcing companies.
The annual event that raises the consciousness of the environment in people’s minds across the world is fast approaching again. Earth Day has been a pivotal expression of our concern for the planet we share since it was started 45 years ago this coming April 22nd. Perhaps no secular event has ever had a bigger impact on people’s lives in terms of its influence on environmental laws and how people behave with respect to the environment in their daily decisions. Here are some of the 10 coolest facts about this important day and how it has influenced us all.
1. It Is the Largest Secular Holiday in the World
It is the largest secular holiday in the world. The Earth Day Network works with over 20,000 partner organizations in 192 countries to coordinate events for this day. It is estimated that over a billion people take part in Earth Day activities around the world, which makes it the largest secular event on the planet.