On September 7th and 8th, WordCamp San José takes place at the Latin University of Costa Rica. As per usual, GreenGeeks will be there to hang out with attendees and hand out some awesome merch. This year, Trey Gardner, Marco Berrocal, and Ericka Barboza will be in attendance.
What to Expect at WordCamp San José
The main attraction of every WordCamp are the talks, and the majority of them will be taking place on Saturday. Of course, there will be talks on Sunday as well.
For instance, you can attend:
- How to start a career in WordPress from 0?
It’s hard to start a career with WordPress, but Giovanna Chacón will provide you a step by step guide to get started. This talk is loaded with all of the encouragement you need.
- Accelerate Your Website with WordPress
A fast website is important for a variety of reasons. Bryan Rojas will help you accelerate your website’s loading to give you the speed boost it deserves.
- SEO 101- Tips to Improve the SEO of Your Website
Ranking highly on search engines like Google is the key to success. Learn how with Francisco Calderón. This talk will demonstrate how to improve your ranking and grow organically.
- An Introduction to WordPress Protection Against Cyber Threats
WordPress is the most used CMS for a variety of reasons including ease of use and robustness. However, because it is the most used CMS, it is also the most targeted. Jose B. Sanchez Perez will provide an introductory lesson on cyber threats.
- Is There A Perfect Theme
While you may be searching for the perfect theme, perhaps it doesn’t exist. Mario Rocha will be discussing both free and premium themes. This includes what factors you should consider in the selection process.
Fun Facts About San José, Costa Rica
While the WordCamp will offer a lot of fun, it is important to visit the beautiful city of San José. It’s the capital city of Costa Rica and there is plenty to see and do.
- San José is home to multiple museums and theatres including the National Theatre of Costa Rica, Museo del Jade Marco Fidel Tristán Castro (archeological museum), and the National Museum of Costa Rica.
- Of course, since the WordCamp takes place at the Latin University of Costa Rica, there is plenty to see on campus. Take a walk around and see one of the top-rated universities in the country.
- If you’re feeling adventurous you can visit the Irazú Volcano National Park. This is home to the largest volcano in the country.
Here We Come WordCamp San José
With a great selection of talks and the beautiful city of San José right outside, this WordCamp is sure to be great. We are excited to visit the WordCamp at San José and look forward to speaking with you at our booth.
So be sure to come by!