GreenGeeks Web Hosting will be sponsoring WordCamp Phoenix, Arizona, February 15th – 17th at the Phoenix Convention Center. This is the 10-year reunion for WordCamp Phoenix, and we are so excited to start an awesome year off with such an amazing camp.
This camp will be three days long, hosting 44 sessions and hoping for 500+ attendees, as well as 53 speakers! The first two days will feature three to four tracks as well as workshops at the Convention Center.
Sunday will be a contributor day at Galvanize Phoenix.
Tickets for this camp cost $50 each and can be purchased from the WordCamp Phoenix website. They will include two days of sessions on WordPress design, development, e-commerce, marketing and much more.
There will be three to four tracks running simultaneously making it easy to jump around from track to track. The contributor day held at Galvanize will allow you to contribute design, coding, marketing and documentation to make WordPress better for everyone!
The tickets will also include lunch on Friday and Saturday, as well as refreshments, swag and sponsor knick-knacks.
There will be an after-party to attend on Saturday which has yet to be announced. If you’re interested in going to the after-party, keep an eye out on the WordCamp Phoenix Twitter feed for updates.
You will likely need your badge for entry.
The scheduled sessions are already posted on the main site, and you can view them by checking out the “Schedule” page of WordCamp Phoenix.
A few more reasons you should attend this WordCamp and some fun facts about the Phoenix area:
- Greater Phoenix (which includes, among others, the cities of Chandler, Glendale, Scottsdale, and Tempe) has a population of nearly 4.5 million and covers 2,000 square miles.
- Greater Phoenix is located in the Sonoran Desert, which is one of the wettest and greenest deserts in North America. This is thanks to 3-15 inches of annual rainfall.
- According to legend, Phoenix gets its name from Cambridge-educated pioneer, Darrell Duppa. He saw the ruins and prehistoric canals of the Hohokam and believed another civilization would rise from the ashes.
- A staggering estimated 44 million people visit Arizona each year!
A few of the sessions I am personally excited about include:
- Crystal Taggart
All About AI: Marketing Technologies in the 21st Century
- Travis Balinas
5 Ecommerce Trends to Implement Now
- Nathan Ingram
Dealing with Problem Clients – Fencing in the Friendly Monsters
- Zac Gordon
Workshop: Building Custom Blocks with React
- Seth Carstens, Joe Howard, Cate DeRosia and Carl Alexander
Panel: Working Remotely
- Joshua Strebel
And of course all of the other wonderful sessions available this year.
The weather is going to be fabulous, seats will be filled and knowledge will be shared. What else could you need to be convinced that you, too, should join us for WordCamp Phoenix 2019?