What is Reverse DNS (rDNS)?
In computer networking, reverse DNS lookup or reverse DNS resolution (rDNS) is the determination of a domain name that is associated with a given IP address using the Domain Name System (DNS) of the Internet.
This is an important setting that needs to be set, services like e-mail will not work properly without proper reverse DNS records. When you’re set up with a VPS, your reverse DNS entries are NOT automatically created. We will have to create these for you. Follow the steps below to set the reverse DNS records:
- Login to your Account Manager at http://www.greengeeks.com/login/
- Navigate to the “Quick Server Login” section, Select “View Details” for the hosting service you wish to configure RDNS for.
- Select the “Manage RDNS” tab (in between Information and Reboot).
- Select the underlined record to configure your RDNS.
- Click the green Checkbox to save.
Please note: DNS Resolution can take up to 24-48 hours.