For customers that have cPanel, you can enable automatic updates. We do kernel updates for the server when they are needed, this applies to all the VPS’s that are on the hardware node.
Enabling Automatic Updates in cPanel
- Login to your Webhost Manager as the root user.
- Click on Update Preferences under Server Configuration.
- Mark “Release” under Release Tier.
- Mark “Update cPanel & WHM daily” under Daily Updates.
- Mark “Automatic” under cPanel Package Updates.
- Mark “Inherit” under all services.
- Mark “Automatic” under Operating System Package Updates.
- Mark “Automatic” under SpamAssassin Rules Updates.
- Click on the “Save” button.
- Once saved, click on “Upgrade to Latest Version” under the cPanel section.
For more information on the update option, please see http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/11_30/WHMDocs/UpdateConfig