cPanel Hosting is nothing but a control panel for web hosting. Any kind of web hosting can use this mode of interface. This kind of a graphical and easy-to-use front-end interface is very simple and helpful to manage a website. cPanel Hosting provides you with various options to easily manage your files on the website, email accounts, additional domains and sub-domains, FTP accounts, MySQL databases and many more. cPanel Hosting also renders the statistics of your website. You can install popular scripts that include WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Mambo, Gallery etc., to your cPanel Hosting in just a few clicks.
Softaculous is considered to be one of the most highlighted and best features of cPanel Hosting. Softaculous is nothing but a utility software application that permits you to smoothly handle your domain using a web interface. This software helps you in installing various open source applications such as Joomla, WordPress and many other blogging platforms in your site.
Advantages of cPanel Hosting
Some of the advantages of cPanel Hosting are briefly discussed below:
- Simple installation process: cPanel can be easily installed in very few steps. All you have to do is to install the Linux OS and run the script for installation. You will notice that most of your server configuration is done.
- Highly compatible: cPanel is compatible in a wide manner with many of the open source applications.
- Interactive interface: cPanel provides various virtual interfaces for different users that include clients, administrators and email users.
- Easily portable: cPanel provides you with an easy portability feature through which you can transfer your website from one hosting company to another.
- No prior experience required: You need not have any prior hands-on experience in handling and managing servers. It is an out-of-the-box tool and easily usable.
- Easy website management: cPanel has a great set of features through which you can easily manage your complex website tasks that include maintaining a regular database and code backup, managing and forwarding email addresses and email accounts, adding and managing multiple websites under a single account and many more.
Disadvantages of cPanel Hosting
Some of the disadvantages of cPanel Hosting are briefly discussed below:
- Restricted to size: cPanel is mostly meant for websites that fall in the range of small and medium.
- cPanel vulnerability: cPanel is also vulnerable as it can prone a security risk to your content due to its time of update process. Usually cPanel has a nightly update process. Therefore, any attack before the update can cause a huge loss.
- License cost: cPanel Hosting can be done and put to use after attaining a license, which is a bit expensive. Most likely companies can afford the cost of license.
- Lack of professional look: cPanel lacks the professional look expected, when compared with the various other control panel interfaces available in the market.
cPanel Add-ons and Applications
cPanel has various number of add-ons and applications using which an improvement in the performance can be experienced. Some of them are listed below:
- Joomla: Joomla is an open source software application that helps you to manage your website content and applications better.
- WHMCS: WHM Complete Solution (WHMCS) is a great solution that provides the billing and support packages for online business. This add-on also helps in setting the hosting accounts.
- X-Cart: X-Cart is a cPanel plugin that provides a shopping cart for e-commerce sites. This plugin runs with PHP scripting and is SEO friendly in nature.
- Installatron: Installatron is an application with an API that can be easily integrated with any kind of web hosting. This application supports a lot of other web application and hence automatically provides you with their timely update information.
- WebMail Pro: WebMail Pro is a cPanel add-on that renders an interactive web interface for mailing purposes. This add-on allows you to maintain shared, private and public calendars; folders and sub-folders; multiple accounts for single user and many more.
- Dolphins: Dolphins is an add-on for cPanel that allows you to build social networking sites and web communities. Dolphins is an open source software that is fully featured and easily customizable.
cPanel in short is the favorite of many webmasters. You can manage complex tasks in just a few clicks with this single interface. Tasks like regular backups, site maintenance, looking after your web directories, calculating disk space and many more can easily performed with cPanel Hosting. You can also make use of the huge collection of plugins available online for cPanel to make it a better experience. cPanel is a great solution, if you want to manage your site all by yourself!