The Login Toboggan is a Drupal Module that you can use to improve the existing Drupal login system by adding additional features and improving the module’s usability. Through this module, you learn the various features and the basic steps to use Login Toboggan. GreenGeeks makes it easy to install Drupal on your web hosting account via 1-click installation, learn more.
The Login Toboggan Module covers all the features of the basic Drupal Login System and in addition to that provides with some extra features. The Login Toboggan module is considered to offer many features along with the options that allow you to perform certain tasks. Some of these features are listed below:
- Allows login using both the username and the email id.
- Allows immediate login after the signup process.
- Provides all the anonymous users with the login form.
- Register your account with two email ids to ensure accuracy.
- Integrates with other Drupal Module such as the Rules Module and Variable Module.
Working with Login Toboggan
Though working with the Login Toboggan Drupal Module is simple, all the steps involved starting from the installation of the module are briefed below:
- Downloading and Installing Login Toboggan: The Login Toboggan Drupal Module is available for download at the following link, http://drupal.org/project/logintoboggan. After downloading the Module to your system, install the same by following the prompts that pop up.
- Enabling the Module: To enable the module, go to the Modules page and check the checkbox available next to the “Login Toboggan”. Click “Save” by scrolling down the Modules page, to save the current configuration. You should remember that though there are other module integrations available for Login Toboggan, you would not be able to activate them until you activate the Rules Module and Variable Module.
- Configuring the other integrations: Enable the Rules Module and Variable Module to integrate them with the Login Toboggan Module. You will see a link being displayed on the right of these respective Modules, after you have enabled and saved the two modules.
- Configuring the Login Parameters: Customize the way you want your users to login by configuring the login parameters such as:
- Allow users to login using their email address: You can decide on whether to enable or disable this option. Enabling this option would allow all your users with a choice to login with either their email address or their username.
- Present Unified login/registration page: You can check the box next to the field in order to have a common page for both the functions. Separate tabs would be displayed if the field were left unchecked.
- Setting the Registration Parameters: Set all the various parameters to customize the registration process for your website. The process includes parameters such as those discussed below:
- Use two email fields on registration form: Verification of the correct entry of the users email id is possible through this field by providing two email fields on the registration form.
- Set Password: Setting the initial password to finish the registration process is made available by checking the checkbox next to this field. You can allow the users to login without any email confirmations by checking the “Set Password” field.
- Non-authenticated role: To avoid direct and immediate access to your users after checking the “Set Password” field, you can use the “Non-authenticated role” field to define a role with permissions that provide wider security.
- Delete invalid users after: Delete all the invalid registrations after a specified period automatically through this field. Through this field, you can delete all the users who have not confirmed their registrations.
- Immediate Login: Allow your users to login immediately after the registration process by checking the checkbox beside this field. You should note that this checkbox would be available only if the “Set Password” field is selected.
- Setting up the Redirections: Set the paths that you would like to redirect your users on their confirmation of email notification and on their login.
- Setting the basic Rules: Set the basic rules necessary for proper authenticated login and security for users account such as:
- Present login form on access denied: Enable this field to deny login to the anonymous users.
- Display a login successful message: Enable this field to display a successful login message for your users when they login.
- Minimum Password Length: Set this field to a number count that would act as a mandatory length the password.
In simple words, Login Toboggan acts as an extension to the Drupal login system. It allows you to customize various fields and parameters in the login and registration forms to be assured of the registration of genuine users.