Joomla is a powerful content management system which is open source and is easy to use with lots of functionalities. Joomla is released for the first time in the year 2005 and since then it has become popular among the all sorts of businesses ranging from smallest to biggest of the enterprises.
We have stepped upon the latest technology in this decade in the form of mobile communication. Having access to the websites on mobile is the necessity and it is difficult on the part of the CMS’s to catch up with this rapid development.
Joomla! 3.0, version was released to accomplish this important milestone of updating your mobile websites without actually compromising on the look and feel and the functionality. This open source CMS makes the website user friendly and ready for mobile usage.
Here we are going to see what makes this version of Joomla mobile ready and user friendly. You can also refer some of the developer tools here as well as some of the most agile functionalities.
Joomla is the first Content Management System which is mobile ready in both the areas i.e. Visitor and Administrator areas. Each of your website which is based on Joomla is going to serve your visitors with mobile friendly interface with friendly tools for administrators.
Here are some of the best features
- It provides you with site template which would be fully responsive
- As an administrator you can get fully responsive Administrative User Interface
- You can get the benefit of fully responsive core output.
With the introduction of powerful bootstrap responsive framework, Joomla development team has ensured that you get a brand new avatar in terms of its look and feel. It is fully responsive for mobile devices, personal computers and tablets. The backend has been adorned with fantastic look and feel and ease of use on any device
Some of the important features include
- As stated above, the interface is user friendly to an optimal level
- You can save a lot of your time through using half a minute install, which is streamlined
- The core developers have tried to embellish the admin side with user experience, which is much redefined.
It is with the developer tools that these packages of CMS vary. Developer tools are the most common distinguishing factors when you will have to decide upon which CMS to choose. It is through the developer tools that you can customize your websites and actually gauge whether the CMS you have chosen is value for money or not. Here are some of the fantastic developer tools which work as add on with Joomla! 3.0.
Joomla! 3.0 developer tools were designed in order for you to sit back and relax while The Joomla User Interface does all the work. It actually offers you a backend which is standardized and a classy front end interface. Soothing your eyes Icomoon font icon offers you icons which are retina optimized. Joomla team have diligently worked on making it a platform where you enjoy the features instead of doing coding on CSS or Jquery. However, you may have to write some lines of code which you would not mind anyway.
Here are some of the new things which are introduced in this third version of Joomla.
- Now, you can actually build components with zero CSS
- You can even style your site with one CSS file instead of creating many
- The best part of Joomla! 3.0 is retina optimized icons
- The icing on the cake is a functionality to write a code with jQuery and Mootools
Well, these are some of the basic requirements of a good and powerful Content Management System. Now, let us take a look at extra functions which this version of Joomla will be providing
- The awesome look and feel which will leave you mesmerized when your website is viewed on any device
- You can create a guest user group which is a kind of default functionality
- Administers can have access to statistic modules
- You can also save blank articles for the ease of operation
- There is an addition of bootstrap into package called jui media
- You can also have the language package installed through extension manager
- There is a provision of updated system tests in the CMS and also has the functionality of unit testing
- You can find that there is a large improvement to smart search and also a provision of memcache driver
With all this and much more certainly you can be rest assured that if you have chosen Joomla! 3.0 for your website as a CMS, your choice is absolutely worth it. GreenGeeks offers optimized Joomla web hosting services for as low as $3.96 per month.