What Is Cloudflare Always Online™?

Always Online™ keeps a limited version of your site online if your server goes down. Prior to using Cloudflare, if your server went down, your website most likely went offline and visitors could not access it. With Always Online™, if your server ever goes down, Cloudflare will serve pages from their cache, so your visitors […]

Read More

Cloudflare Always Online™ Limitations

Cloudflare Always Online™ limitations: Always Online™ cache is built from Cloudflare’s Always Online™ crawler. It crawls Free customers once every 7 days, Plus and Pro customers once every 3 days, with Premium customers crawled daily. Note: The crawler does not obey robots.txt. Only content hosted on the domain that has Always Online™ enabled will be cached in […]

Read More

What Is Cloudflare Rocket Loader™?

Rocket Loader™ is a general-purpose asynchronous JavaScript loader coupled with a lightweight virtual browser which can safely run any JavaScript code after window.onload. Activating Rocket Loader™ will immediately improve a web page’s window.onload time (assuming there is JavaScript on the page), which can have a positive impact on your Google search ranking. Here are the […]

Read More

How Do I Enable Railgun on My Site?

There are two steps to enabling Railgun. First, if you have not already activated Cloudflare, follow these instructions to do so. After CloudFlare is enabled, simply open a support ticket through your GreenGeeks Account Manager requesting Railgun services be enabled. Don’t forget to provide the name of the domain that should be enabled. Thanks, and please remember […]

Read More

How Much Does Railgun Cost?

GreenGeeks has partnered with Cloudflare to make Railgun available for only $30 per year on the free Cloudflare account. If you sign up directly with Cloudflare, Railgun is only available on the Pro, Premium and Enterprise plans, which are $20, $200, and over $5000 per month respectively. Railgun is a cPanel installation and GreenGeeks is […]

Read More

What Kind of Sites Can Use Railgun?

Any website can benefit from the performance improvements Railgun offers, especially dynamic sites. Railgun compresses previously uncacheable web objects up to 99.6% by leveraging techniques similar to those used in the compression of high-quality video. This results in an average 200% additional performance increase.

Read More

How Does Railgun Work?

Railgun opens a secure, tunneled connection between the Cloudflare network and your hosting account, and the connection only sends differences from the last request. This is similar to the way video encoding works. The markup of websites does not frequently change from one request to the next, so rather than transferring the entire request between […]

Read More

What Is Cloudflare Railgun™?

Railgun™ is an optimization technology that we offer to our hosting customers in partnership with Cloudflare. Railgun™ technology greatly speeds up the delivery of non-cached pages. While basic Cloudflare without Railgun™ automatically caches 65% of the resources needed to make up a page, the other 35% can’t be cached because the resources are dynamically generated or […]

Read More