Speaker: Joe A Simpson Jr, Front-end Web Developer and Section 508/Accessibility Advocate, Metro (Los Angeles)
Webinar Date: December 01, 2021 11:00 AM PT
How do you begin your journey with Accessibility? Join Make WordPress Accessibility Team Rep and WordPress Community Organizer Joe A Simpson Jr as we look at the five key things EVERY ‘a11y’ advocate should know.
During this session, we’ll cover the basics of Accessibility with the beginner in mind by looking at 5 key subjects every advocate should have in their tool chest. Here we’ll cover the history of WCAG and its positive impact on how businesses provide website information to all customers, how to handle images, videos, choosing a theme the right way, and website building in WordPress with a focus on Accessibility.
– Why Accessibility should matter to you?
– What are common mistakes people make when building their websites?
– How to use basic WordPress (Accessibility-ready themes, plugins, Accessibility statement, plugins, etc) and browser tools to test your work.
What You’ll Learn:
- WordPress Accessibility
- Theme and Plugin Repository
- Media Asset Accessibility
- Color Contrast
- Site Structure