Email/Live Chat/Ticket Support is available 24 hours per day year-round.
To submit and review Support Tickets, please sign in to your GreenGeeks Dashboard at: https://my.greengeeks.com.
Support is only available in English; if you are not fluent in English, GreenGeeks recommends using Google Translate. This can greatly help the support staff understand your problem or concern.
GreenGeeks offers a variety of Managed Hosting products such as Domain Registration, Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Virtual Private Servers, SSL Certificates, and more.
To ensure that GreenGeeks delivers support of the highest quality, we ask that you open a new support request for each separate issue.
Attempting to diagnose more than one issue per request often leads to confusion and a poor overall support experience, and opening multiple tickets for a single problem may result in delayed assistance.
Scope of Support
EcoSite and Reseller services are pre-configured at the server level and cannot be adjusted. GreenGeeks’ optimized configuration ensures all customers have access to the same tools & functionality, providing consistent quality of service.
While we can support the features on our platform, there are instances in which GreenGeeks cannot assist.
GreenGeeks Support includes, but is not limited to:
- Physical hardware management, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Network availability.
- Support for GreenGeeks services (GreenGeeks Account, EcoSite, Reseller, and VPS Hosting Solutions, and more).
- Support for cPanel related features included with the provided cPanel installation (FTP, Email, PHP, MySQL, and more).
- Support for GreenGeeks Premium AlphaSSL and Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates.
- Support for Softaculous usage, installations, and backups.
- Support for DNS records hosted within our network.
- Malware scanning as well as one complimentary malware cleanup (Terms and Conditions apply).
- Transfer and purchase of Domain Names for supported top-level domains (TLDs).
- Ensuring all GreenGeeks servers and services are online, responsive, and functioning without issues.
GreenGeeks can, as a courtesy, attempt best-effort support so long as it does not pertain to the following:
- Website development, debugging website code, decrypting or deciphering data, analyzing SQL queries, or troubleshooting database structures.
- Assistance in third-party website software (CMS, Custom Scripts, Themes, Plugins, Modules, Add-ons, or other components and scripts) relating to errors or script behavior in the realm of Development, Administration, or Advanced debugging beyond ensuring all documented compatibility configuration is implemented as allowed within cPanel.
- Installing third-party software or server components outside a standard cPanel installation on GreenGeeks Shared and Reseller Hosting solutions. Customers who need custom server-level software packages are encouraged to upgrade to a GreenGeeks Managed VPS with full root access.
- Migrating website content away from GreenGeeks to other third parties.
- Making changes to another Web Hosting account outside of our network.
As technology evolves, GreenGeeks reserves the right to determine, at its discretion, what falls under the Scope of Support on a case by case basis as necessary.
GreenGeeks will not always be able to resolve site-level issues submitted and may recommend reaching out to a third-party developer as necessary.
Please note that contacting GreenGeeks for Support Assistance provides GreenGeeks with your implied consent for GreenGeeks’ support staff to access your account, review the existing configuration or files, and make changes to your account as part of the process of debugging or resolving the reported problem.
GreenGeeks cannot assist with making changes to accounts or services outside of the GreenGeeks network via 3rd party service providers.
If you are unsatisfied with the quality of support provided by GreenGeeks or have a concern regarding your GreenGeeks account in general, you can request escalation to the GreenGeeks management team.
All escalation requests are handled first-come-first-served, with most requests resolved within 24-48 hours.
Note the GreenGeeks management team exclusively communicates using the GreenGeeks Support System and cannot assist in real-time on Live Chat or Telephone.