WordCamp Sacramento is now in its fifth year and is more successful than ever. On September 21st and 22nd, it will be held at the Falls Event Center. The Sacramento setting for WordCamp is always a blast, so make sure you get out there for the event.
GreenGeeks will be on hand for this particular event. Make sure you come by and say hello to our very own Anna Gargioni and Trey Gardner. They will be there to answer any questions you may have.
What to Expect at WordCamp Sacramento
WordCamp Sacramento will have all sorts of speakers and presentations for you to attend. Both Saturday and Sunday will be a full slate. Here are some of the sessions you may not want to miss.
- WordPress Users, Tools, and Settings
Join Mario Cano as he talks about WordPress user roles and when to use each one. He will also touch on the available tools and the various settings options for your WordPress site, as well as best practices for your settings.
- WordPress Themes and Plugins
Ginger Wiseman will be on hand to teach you about finding, installing, and changing WordPress themes and get tips on how to find a quality theme. She will also speak on WordPress plugins, how they extend the functionality of WordPress and where to find the best ones. This session is part of the WordCamp Sacramento Beginner Track.
- How to Make Your Blog Attractive to Brands and Media Professionals
Join Natalie Bourn for her session regarding your blog and how to attract media professionals to it. She will share the tips, tricks, and lessons she has learned as a blogger attending private media events and theater opening nights. These will help you attract brands and media professionals to your blog.
- The Power of Recurring Income
We all want to be able to have recurring income through our websites. Nathan Ingram will explain how to stabilize your business with a growing stream of recurring income. This is a must-attend if you want to know more about recurring income.
- Increasing Sales for Your Freelance Business in 15 Minutes Per Day
Colin Dowling will give actionable strategies for generating more of the right kind of business in a short amount of time each day. This will help you with referrals and leveraging your existing network.
There is so much going on that you should be able to come away with all sorts of knowledge from these speakers.
Fun Facts About Sacramento, California
Sacramento usually does not come to the forefront of your mind when you think of cities in California. That being said, it is the state capital and there are a lot of interesting things you may not know about it.
- Sacramento has a prolific amount of museums. From the California State Railroad Museum to the Crocker Art Museum, there are dozens of free and admission-paid locations in the Sacramento region.
- Sacramento is actually California’s sixth capital since 1854. It was the state capital in the past, was then dropped, and then added again as the capital city of the state.
- Sacramento is actually two cities in one. A large network of tunnels remain beneath the foundation of the city. The network was abandoned when the city was raised to avoid flood damage.
WordCamp Sacramento is going to be an absolute blast for everyone that is able to attend. This WordCamp takes place in an interesting city, is filled with amazing sessions, and will have a little something for everyone.
Be sure to grab your tickets to this upcoming WordCamp.