These days, using social media for business is key to its growth. It helps businesses to expand their reach, engage with their audience, drive conversions, and establish a strong brand presence.
With that in mind, choosing the right social media platform for your business is very important.
In this article, we’ve put together a list of the best business social networking apps. Taking into consideration key factors to boost your social media business strategy, this guide will help you choose what apps to focus on.
The best part is that most are easy to integrate with your business website.
We’ve narrowed it down to the top 17 social media apps. Let’s have an in-depth look at these platforms below.
The Best Social Media Apps for Business
Let’s start with the most-used online social network.
Facebook boasts a staggering three billion monthly active users. It has a huge audience and vast demographic, which makes it an essential platform for your business.
There are many benefits to making a Facebook page for your business. One is that it lets you connect and interact with customers. A well-designed Facebook page can help build brand loyalty.
It is a cost-effective way to give your audience access to information such as business hours, location information, pictures, and promotional content.
Pros of Using Facebook
- It gives you data through Audience Insights. This helps you figure out what content works best
- You can target specific groups of people based on location, age, gender, and interests
- It helps your business gain exposure to potential customers
- It helps increase online visits to your website via link sharing and posting
- Facebook likes can be a great starting point for gathering sales leads.
Cons of Using Facebook
- Facebook pages take time and resources. You may need staff to manage your page and post interesting content.
- To make the most out of Facebook, you need to invest in paid advertisements
- Facebook’s two-way communication leaves your business open to negative reviews
Teaching, entertaining, and solving problems can help you reach new customers. The best media for these are in video form.
On that note, you may want to try YouTube. It’s a social media app designed for sharing videos.
YouTube ranks among the top social media apps as the second most visited website, with almost 2.5 billion monthly active users.
It’s a way for businesses to reach a large audience and use video to grow their social media business.
Remarkably, it’s a cost-effective way to promote your business. It costs zero dollars to create your YouTube channel.
Pros of Using YouTube
- You can reach more people with YouTube ads
- It’s very easy to reuse your content on this platform
- Videos are a great way to get people to take action, get involved, and make a purchase
- People with big followings can make money through ads, sponsorships, and selling merchandise
Cons of Using YouTube
- The platform is already too crowded. It can be hard for businesses to stand out
- Hackers being able to get into channels is a big problem for both businesses and creators
- It takes a lot of time and consistent work to build and maintain a successful channel
One of the best business social networks is Instagram. It’s a popular app for sharing photos and videos.
With teens and young adults as its main audience, it has over 1.35 billion users every month.
The platform has almost 69% of users under 34 and a growing presence among 35 to 44-year-olds. These numbers make it a great place for businesses catering to millennials and Gen Z.
The platform is known for its dynamic engagement tools, which are ideal for digital creators and businesses. You can get a lot of marketing ideas from Instagram’s ways to connect, engage, and make sales.
Instagram’s social media business features are useful for fashion, travel, food, and event businesses. Its visual approach makes marketing plans more effective and raises awareness of brands.
Pros of Using Instagram
- Businesses can post directly tagged products, which makes shopping simpler
- Affiliate marketing and sponsored posts are easier to do when you work with brand ambassadors
- Giving people a look behind the scenes increases engagement and builds trust
- Integration with Facebook lets you connect across platforms
- Using Insights, business accounts make it easier to make and keep track of targeted paid ads
Cons of Using Instagram
- Not ideal for businesses that aren’t image or video-heavy
- Post and video length limits may make it harder to give detailed product explanations.
- Your target demographic may not use this platform. This is especially true for older generations
TikTok has over 800 million users now. Businesses can show their human side on TikTok by posting real, relatable videos.
The best business plan for social media apps depends on how well the platform lets brands and users connect.
Brands can reach a unique group of people on TikTok that they can’t reach on Instagram or Facebook. TikTok has a lot of young, active users, mostly Gen Z and younger millennials.
Businesses can get a lot of customers from this group of active, interested people. And TikTok’s algorithm-driven content delivery system makes creative and interesting videos go viral.
Pros of Using Tiktok
- Working with influencers helps you reach their huge following
- Businesses can make interesting campaigns through different types of ads
- A lot of engaged users end up becoming customers. A big chunk of those people actually buy something from the platform
- TikTok content can be used on other platforms, which takes advantage of its popularity
Cons of Using Tiktok
- It can be expensive to run ads on TikTok
- The videos on the platform are relatively shorter. It can be hard to get across complicated messages or show off a lot of products
- TikTok’s analytics only give you basic numbers and not much else
For businesses, WhatsApp’s immediate and direct nature helps them talk to customers quickly. Estimates show that WhatsApp currently has more than 2.7 billion monthly users.
The platform makes instant messaging easier, so businesses can answer questions and help requests quickly.
When a business sets up a WhatsApp Business or API account, it builds trust. The green badge on the API shows that it is trustworthy, which is very important for social media companies.
Pros of Using WhatsApp
- In their profile, businesses can list up to 30 products and services
- It is easy to find specific chat information
- Automated greetings and “out of office” messages make sure that calls are answered quickly
- Quick responses are possible with predefined answers to common questions
- Making QR codes for direct customer contact makes communication easier and more open
Cons of Using WhatsApp
- The app only lets you have 256 contacts on a broadcast list
- Without analytics, it’s harder to know how messages are being received
- You can’t connect to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms. This makes it harder to keep track of customers and manage interactions
People know X, which used to be Twitter, for its 280-character “tweets” that include photos, videos, and links. It has over 556 million active users per month.
One feature that only business apps have is that hashtags make posts more visible and reach more people, not just followers.
Businesses using this tool benefit greatly. Using X’s followers can help brands gain free exposure.
Customer service also benefits from X. Business teams must monitor and communicate with it daily since public awareness speeds up action.
Small area businesses can reach more people by using X. These groups talk about each other and share stories on the site. Through reposts and tags, taking part in local business discussions on social media may help companies reach more customers.
Pros of Using X
- Connect with people in your business who are influential or who might be interested in working together
- X’s real-time nature lets users connect with audiences right away. This allows for timely updates and promotions.
- By consistently posting, you raise the profile of your brand and establish it as an authority in its field.
- Getting direct feedback from customers helps make products and services better
Cons of Using X
- The limit of 280 characters makes it hard to send texts that are too long or too complicated
- It can be hard to stand out in the fast-paced Twitter feed because there is so much content coming at you all the time
- When negative comments are seen by the public, they need to be handled carefully to avoid image damage
WeChat is a great way for companies to reach a large audience and raise awareness of their brand.
In the business world of social media, both public business accounts and personal ones have their pros and cons. Marketing and tracking tools on the official WeChat business account help customers find your business and give you better customer service.
WeChat, which has more features than just chat, has 1.33 billion monthly active users and is the market leader in China. It includes e-commerce, mobile payments, social networks, and more.
WeChat gives official accounts QR codes automatically and lets you customize them for your business. You can use these QR codes on social media, on packaging, or in shops to offer discounts, special deals, or promotions.
Pros of Using WeChat
- WeChat’s services are free
- It’s easy to send files up to 100Mb in different forms, such as PDFs and slideshows
- By scanning a QR code, WeChat Pay makes deals quick and easy for all users
- Besides messaging, “Moments,” sharing your position, and mini-games make it easier for users to interact and stay interested
- The official account system works well as a CRM tool for businesses
Cons of Using WeChat
- WeChat doesn’t have end-to-end encryption, which is bad for security
- Tencent, the parent business of the platform, works with the Chinese government. This makes people worried about their privacy because user data could be spied on
- Setting up a WeChat account, which includes registering your business and setting up WeChat Pay, makes account management more difficult
About a billion people use Facebook Messenger every month, including 188 million in the US. It is one of the most well-known social networking apps and is second only to WhatsApp in popularity.
Particularly, Messenger is a popular way for businesses to help customers.
Facebook Messenger uses smart chatbots to make easy conversations easier to have and to make each interaction more personal.
The platform’s responsiveness is advantageous to businesses; earning a “Very Responsive” badge requires responding within 15 minutes and having a 90% response rate. This gives customers trust in the social media business and builds credibility.
Pros of Using Facebook Messenger
- Talking to consumers about their queries, requests, and concerns in private will enhance your relationships
- Facilitate cross-device communication to keep messages available and boost organizational efficiency
- Use tailored advertisements to reach more people and develop your business
Cons of Using Facebook Messenger
- People might think that direct messages are bothersome
- Facebook Messenger asks for permission before continuing a chat. This could make it harder to talk to people
- Messenger has to read conversations in order to provide services. This may limit privacy in ways that are mostly meant to protect users
Telegram is becoming a top choice for social media business. It’s now one of the most downloaded apps and has 700 million users.
Many businesses use it to talk to customers. This is because it’s free and has features that are great for marketing and customer support. Also, setting up a Telegram business account is very easy.
Furthermore, its Telegram Bot is a really useful tool. It helps small teams do a lot of work without getting too stressed. It can send out messages, answer simple questions, and help customers.
Overall, using Telegram for your business is a smart move.
Pros of Using Telegram
- You can use your account on different devices, and it keeps all your chats updated
- The Business API is free. It lets you add special features to your chats, like ways to pay during a chat
- You can store big files for free
- You can send messages to your customers whenever you want. This is perfect for quick updates and reminders
Cons of Using Telegram
- Unlike WhatsApp, Telegram chats aren’t automatically end-to-end encrypted. Messages are stored on servers, which means a server breach could expose your messages
- Telegram’s support is mainly volunteer-based. It’s limited to a few channels and might not always provide the help you need
- Telegram has started showing ads in large public channels. Although these ads are designed to be less intrusive, they can still be bothersome
More than 1 billion users are on Linkedin, making it one of the leading platforms in the world of social media business.
People mainly join LinkedIn to grow their professional networks. It’s perfect for staying connected with colleagues, finding new business referrals, or looking for jobs.
But what about using LinkedIn for your business? There are four key ways you can use LinkedIn effectively.
First, LinkedIn advertising. It’s a great way to reach your target audience. LinkedIn’s ads are tailored to professionals, which can boost your marketing efforts. Second, use it for job postings and recruitment. LinkedIn is a top choice for finding qualified candidates.
Third, networking is a big part of LinkedIn. It’s a platform where you can connect with industry leaders and potential clients. Finally, LinkedIn is excellent for thought leadership. You can share your expertise and insights to build credibility on the platform.
Pros of Using LinkedIn
- Your company and key team members become easily findable on LinkedIn
- It’s a space to promote your organization’s expertise, thought leadership, and events
- Your LinkedIn content reaches more people through likes and comments, amplifying exposure
- LinkedIn provides post analytics to help tailor your content strategy effectively
Cons of Using LinkedIn
- Offers a limited number of advertising formats
- Creating ads on LinkedIn can require a significant amount of expertise
- It may offer limited audience targeting, especially for B2C business types
Snapchat is one of the best social media business apps. Since its launch in 2011, it’s become a favorite for sharing quick, visual content.
By Q3 of 2023, Snapchat had 406 million daily users. This marks a significant 12% growth from the same quarter in the previous year. It’s clear Snapchat is a big player in the social media landscape.
The platform isn’t just about sending fun snaps to friends. Over time, it has evolved to offer live videos, an interactive map, and even augmented reality experiences. It’s always adding new things, keeping it fresh and exciting.
Businesses can really benefit from Snapchat’s playful and authentic vibe. It’s not about being perfect; it’s about being real. This can help businesses show a more relatable and fun side to customers.
Pros of Using Snapchat
- Connect with millennials and Gen Z effectively through Snapchat
- Engage with users who are discovering new businesses daily
- Share a more casual, relatable side of your brand through Snapchat
- Use Snapchat’s in-app editing tools for engaging content
Cons of Using Snapchat
- Snapchat’s targeting capabilities are less advanced than other platforms like Facebook. This makes it harder to reach specific groups or interests
- Content on Snapchat disappears after 24 hours
- Snapchat competes with platforms like Instagram and TikTok. Keeping up with trends and user behavior on Snapchat is challenging
Discord is a platform where you can text, video chat, and voice chat in real time. Unlike other social networks, Discord is made up of many smaller communities called servers.
These servers can be public or private. You can join a big server for shared interests or start a private one for friends.
What’s unique about Discord is that it doesn’t sell ads. Instead, it makes money by offering account and server upgrades. This approach is different from most social media platforms.
Discord’s official site still reports 150 million active users monthly and 19 million active servers weekly. Looking ahead, 656 million users are expected by 2025.
The platform’s success lies in its versatility. It’s not just for chatting with friends. It’s becoming a key tool in the social networks for business.
Pros of Using Discord
- Use Discord’s text and voice channels for team communication and project management
- Create servers for client interactions, maintaining internal and external communication separation
- Create and manage communities for audience engagement, with options to monetize
- Gain insights into your audience by participating in or observing relevant communities
- Access high-quality AI image generators like Midjourney, exclusive to Discord
Cons of Using Discord
- DMs in Discord are not server-specific. This can blur the line between work and personal communication
- Free Discord allows only 25 MB file uploads. Paid versions increase this limit, but it’s still not enough for large files
- Discord’s casual tone and gaming references might confuse those unfamiliar with gaming culture
Reddit is becoming a key player in the social media business world. It’s a place where businesses can connect with engaged users.
The social media platform wasn’t always the first choice for online marketing. But now, it’s seen as valuable for driving traffic and increasing sales. It can reach a broad audience, with over 56 million daily active users in 2023.
By posting engaging content, businesses can connect with diverse groups of people.
Reddit is also great for getting feedback. Businesses need to listen to customers to improve.
On Reddit, you can get direct feedback about your products and services. This helps you make changes that matter. Plus, you can learn about industry trends and what customers like.
Pros of Using Reddit
- Understand your target audience by exploring relevant subreddits
- Use Reddit ads to reach new audiences and build brand awareness
- Improve your online presence with Reddit SEO
- Create a subreddit for your business to engage customers and offer exclusive promotions
Cons of Using Reddit
- Redditors often react negatively to obvious business promotions. Over-promoting can lead to losing potential customers
- Each subreddit has its own rules. Not following them can lead to post removals, wasting time and effort
- Gaining trust on Reddit requires earning karma, which can be time-consuming
As one of the best social media apps for businesses, Pinterest is where people go to find ideas and inspiration.
On Pinterest, you can find a wealth of ideas on various topics. This makes it a treasure trove for those seeking creativity.
Nearly half a billion people use Pinterest every month. They’re looking for new things to try and buy. And they’re open to discovering brands like yours.
For businesses, Pinterest offers unique advantages. But, it’s important to see if it fits your business needs. The platform can be incredibly beneficial if used correctly.
Reach your audience at every stage with Pinterest. It’s all possible here, from the first spark of interest to the final purchasing decision.
Pros of Using Pinterest
- People spend more time on Pinterest, offering better chances to catch their interest
- Great for businesses in areas like fashion or design
- The platform works like a search engine, helping you reach people looking for your products
- Ads on Pinterest are cost-effective and good for smaller businesses
Cons of Using Pinterest
- Pinterest mainly attracts a female audience. This limits reach to male customers
- Growing business presence on Pinterest leads to more competition for visibility
- Understanding Pinterest’s algorithm can be difficult for businesses
- Users often use Pinterest for ideas, not immediate purchases
Quora is now becoming a standout platform for businesses. It’s a unique space where over 300 million people come each month. And more than ⅓ of Americans use the platform.
What sets Quora apart is the mindset of its users. They are open to new ideas and actively seeking information.
This includes those looking for reliable insights about companies, products, and industries. It’s a space where curiosity meets knowledge.
Unlike other apps, content on Quora is evergreen. Your contributions remain accessible and relevant long after they’re posted.
For businesses, Quora offers a chance to engage with an informed audience. It’s a place to share expertise and build brand awareness. As part of the best social media apps for business, Quora stands out for its focus on knowledge sharing.
Pros of Using Quora
- Position your brand as an expert by answering relevant questions
- Share insights on Quora that lead users back to your website
- Your Quora content can be picked up by other publications, extending your reach
- Regular contributions can build trust and credibility with potential customers
- Understand audience needs and trends by engaging in relevant discussions
Cons of Using Quora
- Regularly contributing meaningful content on Quora requires a significant time investment
- Quora has stringent guidelines that need to be followed all the time
- The diverse user base may not always align with your target demographic
Twitch is revolutionizing the use of social media for business. Primarily known for gaming, it now offers more than that.
Here, you’ll find talk shows, cooking programs, and even sporting events. It’s a platform where fans connect with streamers for long-form, live content. Streams often last for hours, creating deep engagement.
The platform’s user base is mostly male (around 73%), with a strong presence of young adults. The U.S. leads in traffic, with other countries like Germany and Russia also active. This diverse audience makes Twitch a valuable tool for businesses targeting a younger demographic.
Influencer marketing is big in Twitch. Streamers with loyal followers can endorse brands to boost their visibility and appeal.
Pros of Using Twitch
- Not many brands use Twitch yet, so it’s a great chance to stand out
- Twitch is perfect for connecting with young people
- Live streams feel genuine, which people like
- Having a Twitch channel helps you build a close community and talk directly with viewers
Cons of Using Twitch
- Livestreams may or may not be archived after. If it’s not, then the content is a one-time show
- Twitch’s tools for checking how well your ads perform need improvement
- Twitch mostly appeals to people interested in gaming. This might not suit every kind of business.
Now you may wonder: Is Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business) even a social media app? Well actually, it is!
This tool is designed for local interactions between customers and businesses. It helps boost your visibility in search results, giving you an edge over competitors. In fact, 93% of consumers use Google Business Profile when searching for a business.
As the owner or manager, you can post photos and update business details like hours and location. It’s like other social media channels but with a local focus.
The social aspect of GBP lies in the interaction. Customers can like your photos, write reviews, and even post their own pictures. They can suggest changes to your business info. Plus, you can answer their questions about your company. This interaction is key to building a strong online presence.
And even if you don’t have a physical store, you can still use it. For instance, a plumber working at customers’ homes can have a GBP.
Pros of Using Google Business Profile
- Google Business Profile increases your business’s visibility on Google
- It helps gain credibility with customer reviews
- You can easily share business information with customers
- Google Business Profile provides insights that give you helpful information
- It’s free and easy to use
Cons of Using Google Business Profile
- Business owners can’t edit or modify customer reviews on their listings
- Google My Business is targeted by scams and fraudulent activities due to its accessibility
- The platform’s ease of use comes with a risk, making it not entirely safe for businesses
FAQs for Businesses and Social Media
Social media is a great way for businesses to talk to customers and get their opinions. It’s used for ads, contests, and keeping customers interested.
Businesses can stay active on social media by planning posts ahead of time. They can use tools to schedule posts and share things when more people are online.
The most common mistakes that businesses make are irregular posting, lack of engagement, and not paying attention to audience data or negative feedback.
Yes. Businesses can have more reach by tapping on social media influencers’ fan bases. These influencers can make your products more popular and trustworthy with their reviews.
When businesses get bad comments on social media, they should answer quickly and kindly. Admitting mistakes and offering solutions shows they care about customers.
Organic marketing doesn’t cost money. It’s about making good content and getting more followers. Paid marketing involves ads and campaigns that cost money to reach more people.
Businesses can tell stories that connect with what their audience cares about. Being real, relatable, and using images makes these stories more engaging.
After exploring several social networks for businesses, choose the ones that best suit your audience and goals. Select the platforms that resonate with your audience the most.
Think of these apps as more than just tools. They’re your chance to build real connections with your customers. Use each platform’s unique features to share your story and grow your business.
The world of social media marketing is always changing, so be ready to adapt.
Start sharing, talking, and expanding your business online today. Unleash your brand potential and make your impact on social media’s dynamic world.