GreenGeeks Web Hosting is proud to be sponsoring WordCamp Calgary Friday, May 10th and Saturday, May 11th, 2019. This WordCamp will be held at Fort Calgary.
The weather should be good and the WordPress people should be even better!
Canada is somewhere I have always wanted to go. Although I will not be at the Calgary WordCamp, our wonderful Phil will be. Make sure you take a moment to stop by, say hi and grab some swag.
Phil is full of knowledge and can answer just about any question you might have about our hosting.
Fun Facts About Calgary
- Calgary’s nickname is Cowtown. This is due to the vast grasslands Calgary has. However, it is a modern vibrant city with over 1 million people and few cows.
- The natural setting of Calgary was appealing to traders, farmers and ranchers. It was an excellent locale to settle.
- In present-day Calgary, the police constructed a fort at the junction of the Bow and Elbow rivers. Police Commissioner and ranking officer, James Macleod, named the structure Fort Calgary. Which is the name of his family’s Scottish ancestral home.
- Calgary is the cleanest city in the world. Cowtown or not, it seems the cowboys cleanup real well after all, eh?
Great Place to Dine While Attending WordCamp Calgary 2019
Some of the places you might want to try while visiting Calgary include:
- The Coup / SS106 Aperitivo Bar – for Vegan options
- Una Pizza & Wine
- Native Tongues Taqueria
I’d like to take a moment to thank the volunteers, speakers, sponsors and the attendees who will all be appreciating the hard work of these fabulous organizers.
If you see a volunteer at the camp, make sure to thank them and make them feel appreciated. Without his or her help, these camps simply would not be possible.
I hope you all enjoy the event, happy camping!