WordCamp Dallas/Fort Worth 2019 will be held at the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth on Oct. 19-20, 2019. This is the third year in a row that it will be held at this same venue, as it has become a huge favorite for attendees.
While you’re there, be sure to stop by and say, “Hello” to Marco Berrocal from GreenGeeks!
Rebooted in 2014, WordCamp Dallas/Fort Worth is one of the more popular WordCamps that are held out of the 740 of them around the United States and the rest of the world. Let’s take a look at what you can expect for the 2019 version.
What to Expect at WordCamp Dallas/Fort Worth
There will be a lot of great sessions and speakers going through both days. Here are some of the ones you may not want to miss out on.
- SEO for WooCommerce
Join Stevica Golosin as he breaks down everything you need to know about on-page SEO for WooCommerce websites. He will also touch on site structure, theming, the importance of being mobile-friendly, and how to create good content.
- The Power of Recurring Income
Session speaker Nathan Ingram will talk about how you can stabilize your business with a stream of steady, recurring income. He will talk about how to package, price and sell a WordPress management plan, and the difference this can make.
- Understanding Website Health, The Big Picture
Join Kimberly Lipari as she explores the importance of website health. Not too many more things are as important as running a WordPress website that is healthy. She will show you all the tools and tricks to use to keep your site running smooth.
- WordPress, the Automated Way
Join Dominick Montgomery as he shows the benefits of a fully automated deployment process and how to implement it. You can do this with tools like Docker, WP-CLI and another small one that he has developed to manage data.
- Driving Change with WordPress
John Bloch will talk about the importance of building something with WordPress to drive positive change in the community and around the world. You will also learn how the WordPress platform can help engage and organize the community in furthering progress!
You can always check out the full schedule as well to see all the sessions going on during WordCamp Dallas/Fort Worth.
Fun Facts About Dallas/Fort Worth
Dallas/Fort Worth is a thriving area that has a ton of things to do and see. Here are some interesting things you may not know about the area.
- Dallas/Fort Worth is the country’s largest landlocked metropolitan area. While Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York have larger populations, all three of them are on navigable bodies of water.
- The frozen margarita machine was actually invented in Dallas.
- AT&T Stadium, the Cowboys’ home field since 2009, boasts the world’s largest column-free interior. Even with the retractable roof closed, the Statue of Liberty could stand inside the stadium with 15 feet of clearance.
- And just as a fun little fact, the website for AT&T Stadium is built on WordPress.
WordCamp Dallas/Fort Worth is going to be a massive event that will give you the opportunity to mingle and interact with some really amazing WordPress minds. And while you’re exploring the camp, be sure to speak with Marco. He’ll have some goodies to hand and is ready to answer your questions.
This is one you won’t want to miss, so try to make it out to the area if you can.