WordPress 1 is the first version of WordPress marking an important step in the history of WordPress development. Development of WordPress happens through a structured community, wherein the founder reserves the right for the final decision making. Unlike other platforms, this strategy helps to incorporate the best in class modules to WordPress ranking it among the top three blog hosting platforms.
MySQL is used for the database and PHP as a programming language in the configuration of WordPress 1. WordPress is a trusted tool by millions of people hosting websites and content management system. More than 60 million websites using WordPress shows the efforts gone into developing this tool. WordPress 1 is an old release and is characterized by some simple updates.
Here is a quick look at some of the important changes.
- SEO friendly Permalinks: Permalinks sound synonymous to hyperlinks and they were as same as hyperlinks when the content was static. Once you have updated the content on your website it is passed on to the archive and an URL is generated which points out the blog forum with which you are associating your blog with, WordPress 1 has a feature of SEO friendly permalinks. Only requisite to get this functionality on board is to get the common server module mod_rewrite installed.
- Multiple Categories: Categorizing one post in precisely twenty different categories is the functionality made possible by WordPress 1. You could have readable and nice URLs for the category if you have the SEO friendly Permalinks option enabled.
- Easy installation and Upgrade: Installation and Upgrade of WordPress 1 was made easy and effortless. With WordPress 1 you could set up wp_config file through your browser. If you are unable to run through wp_config, the developers have updated the instructions for the same. Like installations, upgrade also was made easy with intelligent upgrade code. In order to update, you would just run through upgrade.php file option.
- Moderating Comments: Editing hundreds of comments at a time, with WordPress 1 it was easy to moderate and approve the comments before publishing. Additionally, it had provided the control to users for opening or closing of comments from previous sessions.
- Support for XFN: XFN is an acronym for XHTML Friends network. Through XFN it is easy to represent human relationship in hyperlinks. Users can now edit rel values through a simple interface.
- Editing page/comment: Without knowledge of your visitors WordPress 1 allows you to edit comments and pages through a new template tag that points to a link to admin page.
- Support for OPML: OPML (Outline Processor Markup Language) is a format for Outline in XML.OPML is a list of non-constant elements. Generally used for exchanging web feeds through web feed aggregators. WordPress 1 helps users to download OPML formats through the appropriate website.
- Additional Template Track: Addressing the need of addressing new fields like category description and Authors etc., WordPress had included additional template track as additional functionality.
- Storage of XML and URIs through links: Association of feed with XML and linking it to feed aggregator is the new functionality, which was added in WordPress 1.
- On edits get a trackback ping: This unique functionality of WordPress 1 would ping you when you edit a post.
In addition to the above, WordPress 1 had functionalities that seemed relevant to the exact user requirements. Knowing the high frequency interaction of users with the admin page WordPress 1 had performed major and pertinent changes to the admin page. With faster publishing, you could upload your images or posts without images within no time. Website or blog owners could add users through admin interface using WordPress 1. Knowing the importance of futuristic structure, WordPress developers had put all their efforts in making consistent naming system, which had aligned the file and directory in systematic manner.
All the above updates have served a great deal in WordPress 1, as they were developed keeping future in mind. For any kind of Web platform it is essential to look after user’s ease of use. Millions of users trust WordPress from the day of its inception due to its ease of use and relevant updates from time to time. WordPress 1 was released at a time wherein people were coming out of their inhibition that the blog can be owned by only technologically advanced people.
Keeping all the good functionalities intact WordPress is running version 3.7, which also completes 10 years of development of this fantastic platform, which has been used widely all over the world. For now, the efforts are being made to expand WordPress community to have even more strong development base.