Many marketing experts can attest that email marketing services are one of the most cost-effective solutions for businesses.
That’s because it’s a world of digital communication, and email is still a heavily used platform.
To make your marketing more efficient, you’ll want to use the best email marketing services you can find. These tools often deliver an automated system for engaging a vast target audience.
They help you develop campaigns using professional templates and rich customer data. And that’s a powerful way to engage your target audience.
Why Should I Consider Email Marketing Services?
Firstly, the return on the investment for email campaigns is approximately $38 for every one dollar spent. But that depends on your industry and target audience. However, there is no mistaking just how effective these campaigns can be for a small business.
You can create your own email lists and send messages manually, however you’ll be missing out on other features.
For instance, a nice template can go a long way to engaging a reader.
Do you have the time to send emails out on a daily basis? Are you able to track messages with your current system? It’s these types of features that make marketing services so appealing.
In addition, these services can greatly enhance your website marketing tools, giving you insight into online performance. For these reasons, it is important to find the best small business email service for your needs.
Here are our picks:
The Best Email Marketing Services in 2023
If you’re looking for a strong all-in-one system, EngageBay is a good choice. It comes with tools, including lead generation, contact management, help desk automation, and much more.
In addition, there’s a free, extensive all-in-one solution available. So you can try it for yourself without committing to a subscription payment. That way, you can use EngageBay to see if it’s right for your business before committing financial resources.
EngageBay is an excellent platform for creating rich email marketing campaigns with various templates. That’s a great benefit when you consider that approximately 64 percent of people prefer a rich text email as opposed to basic layouts.
And with their Zapier integration, moving information between all of your apps can be accomplished in a few clicks. Essentially, you’ll build a powerful networking system for all of your supported apps.
Above all, it’s the simplicity of sales reporting and automatic activity tracking that helps to optimize the time you spend with marketing emails.
Benefits of Using EngageBay
- Free onboarding session.
- Automation sequencing.
- Drag and drop email builder.
- Free – 1,000 subscribers, 1,000 emails per month.
- Basic – $12.99 per month, 10,000 subscribers, 10,000 emails per month.
- Growth – $24.99 per month, 20,000 subscribers, 20,000 emails per month.
- Pro – $49.99 per month, 30,000 subscribers, 30,000 emails per month.
When you need an all-in-one solution for email marketing services, GetResponse is a good choice. This system is more than just an email solution. It offers many other marketing tools and options for engaging an audience.
An important aspect of any online campaign is the landing page. On average, the conversion rate of a landing page is just 2.35% and even the top websites only achieve a rate of 11.45%. However, there are many factors, such as your industry, that can drastically change that number.
Email marketing, webinar hosting, and system automation are just a few of the tools that make GetResponse quite attractive. It even allows you to track web events, cart abandonments, and subscriber scoring.
Benefits of Using GetResponse
- Block-based drag-and-drop email builder.
- Segment-specific sending.
- Targeted personalized sending.
- Basic – $15 per month. 1,000 subscribers. The price increases, however, based on the number of subscribers.
- Plus – $49 per month. 1,000 subscribers. The price increases, however, based on the number of subscribers.
- Professional – $99 per month. 1,000 subscribers. The price increases, however, based on the number of subscribers.
- Max – contact GetResponse for a price quote.
iContact is another email marketing system that offers a spam-checking service. Which may be an invaluable tool if you want to avoid messages being lost.
Essentially, this service compares the content of your email against a variety of known filters. That ensures the subject and content won’t be seen as spam.
The social integration of iContact is quite elaborate. Whether you’re dragging share icons to the email itself or scheduling posts to your profiles, it can serve as an all-in-one platform for engaging your fans and followers.
For those who want to learn more, personal coaching is available from phone calls to webinars. In addition, you can also take advantage of the available videos. Watch how to succeed in your campaign at your leisure.
Benefits of Using iContact
- Spam checking service to increase delivery rates.
- In-house telephone support.
- Content marketing.
- Base – starting at $30.60 per month for 500 subscribers. The price increases, however, based on the number of subscribers.
- Pro – starting at $61.20 per month for 500 subscribers. The price increases, however, based on the number of subscribers.
Another system that offers a free starter account is Benchmark Email. It has competitive pricing in the event you go beyond 2,000 subscribers, which is the limit in most free platforms.
Benchmark offers an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop system to create emails. Using a WYSIWYG layout, you can see exactly what your email will look like as you’re designing it. And yes, they are formatted with responsiveness in mind for mobile devices.
For those who need photo editing but don’t have Photoshop, Benchmark comes with a system to make those graphic changes. That’s an unusual and valuable feature among email marketing services. Crop, visual effects, stickers, and more are all available to spruce up your images.
Benefits of Using Benchmark Email
- Edit email HTML directly.
- Drag and drop email builder.
- Built-in image editor.
Benchmark Email Pricing
- Free – 500 emails per month. Unlimited subscribers.
- Pro – $13.99 per month. Up to 600 subscribers, unlimited emails.
- $21.99 per month. 601 – 1,000 subscribers, unlimited emails.
- $27.99 per month. 1,001 – 1,500 subscribers, unlimited emails.
- $31.99 per month. 1,501 – 2,500 subscribers, unlimited emails.
- $43.99 per month. 2,501 – 3,500 subscribers, unlimited emails.
- Additional Pro tiers are available. The price is based on the number of subscribers.
AWeber is one of the most highly regarded email marketing services. They put a lot of customization at your fingertips: campaign development, form building, email newsletter service options, and more. You have a lot of control when it comes to creating messages and gathering subscribers.
Although email will convert three times better than using social media, AWeber gives you the ability to connect to several social sites. You can even place a subscriber form directly onto your Facebook business page.
Perhaps you don’t have the time to create a new and inspiring email for your subscribers. AWeber will automatically convert your blog posts into email messages.
Whether you’re running it from an RSS feed or broadcasting from a CMS such as WordPress, the system will send out the mail for you.
Benefits of Using AWeber
- Drag and drop email creation.
- Facebook page integration.
- Convert blog posts to emails.
- Free – up to 500 subscribers.
- Pro – $19 per month, up to 500 subscribers.
- $29 per month, 501 – 2,500 subscribers.
- $49 per month, 2,501 – 5,000 subscribers.
- $69 per month, 5,001 – 10,000 subscribers.
- $149 per month, 10,001 – 25,000 subscribers.
If you need a system that has the capacity to integrate with many different systems, check out what ConvertKit can do. It can connect to more than 30 different platforms ranging from eCommerce to webinar services.
The only real downside to this system is that it’s a bit more costly than some of the others on this list.
What justifies ConvertKit’s price tag is the “unlimited everything” you get regardless of the plan. There are no sending limits. You have access to unlimited landing pages and can set up as many automation rules as you’d like.
This may be one of the more desirable email marketing services for taking email marketing to the next level.
Above all, ConvertKit provides access to unlimited knowledge as well as functionality. You just may accomplish greater things.
Benefits of Using ConvertKit
- Flexible automation rules.
- Unlimited sending on every plan.
- Landing pages.
- Free – up to 1,000 subscribers.
- Complete – starting at $29 per month. The price increases based on the number of subscribers.
ActiveCampaign offers a lot of functionality when it comes to setting up automation. Using a drag-and-drop interface, you can set up a variety of triggers. Engage your audience depending on whether or not the person has visited a specific area of your site.
The high degree of functionality means the process can be as elaborate as you wish.
Follow-up messages, link clicks, form submissions, and more can all be monitored from the system. It’s an automation powerhouse.
ActiveCampaign also comes with an ultra-easy system for creating messages. For instance, it wouldn’t take much to incorporate social media buttons within the message using simple drag-and-drop action.
Adding social sharing buttons in messages increases click-through rates by approximately 158 percent.
Benefits of Using ActiveCampaign
- Send triggered emails.
- A/B testing.
- Form submission.
- Sharing buttons.
- Email personalization.
- Lite – $9 per month (paid annually). 3 users, unlimited emails per month.
- Plus – $49 per month (paid annually). 25 users, unlimited emails per month.
- Professional – $129 per month (paid annually). 50 users, unlimited emails per month.
- Enterprise – $229 per month (paid annually). Unlimited users, unlimited emails per month.
Sendinblue is commonly used for eCommerce email marketing. But you can easily use it as a stand-alone platform. Not only does it provide support for email, but it also gives you control over SMS messaging. It also includes a spam-checking feature to help prevent your messages from falling into any spam traps.
One of the features you might enjoy is the ability to integrate well with the most popular content management and eCommerce systems. Magento, WordPress, and Drupal are only a few of the systems that have available plugins for Sendinblue.
Or you can use the available API for custom integration.
Sendinblue also allows for engaging your followers on social media. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can launch your marketing campaigns with those on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Benefits of using Sendinblue
- Multiple CMS plugins are available.
- Email templates.
- Drag and drop blocks to customize emails.
- Email personalization.
- Free – 300 emails per day.
- Lite – $25 per month, 40,000 emails per month.
- Essential – $39 per month, 60,000 emails per month.
- Premium – $66 per month, 120,000 emails per month.
- Enterprise – for needs greater than the standard plans, Sendinblue will quote a price.
Mailchimp is a very popular platform for many businesses, both small and large. Part of its popularity is due to the free “New Business” plan and competitive pricing on upgrades.
The system is easily integrated into social media and WordPress to help grow mailing lists. Its simple interface ranks it high on the mass email service usability scale.
Mailchimp is also capable of integrating with some of the most popular eCommerce platforms. Whether you use Shopify or the WooCommerce plugin for WordPress, Mailchimp can help drive your retail sales.
Conversion rates for messages used for following up on previous sales are approximately five percent. That means you’ll have a greater chance of making a second sale while running email campaigns to past customers.
Strong return business can help strengthen your online reputation.
Benefits of Using Mailchimp
- WordPress integration.
- Marketing CRM.
- A/B testing.
- Transactional email service available.
- Free – up to 2,000 subscribers.
- Essentials – starts at $9.99 per month for 500 subscribers. However, the price increases based on the number of subscribers.
- Standard – starts at $14.99 per month for 500 subscribers. However, the price increases based on the number of subscribers.
- Premium – starts at $299 per month for 10,000 subscribers. However, the price increases based on the number of subscribers.
- Pay as you go – minimum purchase of $150 for 5,000 email credits. You can buy up to 25 million credits for $10,000. Credits expire one year from purchase.
When it comes to email marketing companies that can grow with your small business, VerticalResponse is an excellent choice. It’s one of the few that offers a free starter account so you can test the proverbial waters.
Should you need a more elaborate system, you can easily upgrade at any time.
VerticalResponse has a lot of integrations available. From popular eCommerce platforms to email marketing design software, it can help you get more out of the tools.
If you have HTML editing skills, it also delivers a way you can further fine-tune your email at the coding level.
An attractive feature for VerticalResponse is the program specifically for non-profit organizations. If your business is a 501(c)(3), you can receive bonus email credits or even a discount on monthly subscription plans.
Benefits of Using VerticalResponse
- Automate follow-up emails.
- HTML email editing.
- Discounts for non-profits.
- Basic – starts at $11 per month for 500 subscribers. The price increases, however, based on the number of subscribers. Unlimited emails.
- Pro – starts at $16 per month for 500 subscribers. The price increases, however, based on the number of subscribers. Unlimited emails.
- Pay-per-campaign – starting at $7.50 for 300 emails.
11. Campaign Monitor
For those who love reports, Campaign Monitor is a top choice. Data collection can help you create and optimize your messages each time.
The system records opens, clicks, and even shares so you can see the effectiveness of your campaigns.
Campaign Monitor also connects to other applications. Google Analytics, Omniture, and WebTrends are only a few of the platforms that can be integrated.
That means you can get a total overview of your online presence for website access and email from a single screen.
Another great feature of this system is the ability to create stunning email messages.
Benefits of Using Campaign Monitor
- Smart segmenting.
- Google Analytics integration.
- Pay-per-campaign is available (does not require a monthly paid account).
Campaign Monitor Pricing
- Basic – $9 per month, 2,500 emails per month.
- Unlimited – $29 per month. Unlimited emails per month. In addition, you get access to more marketing tools and email support.
- Premiere – $149 per month. Unlimited emails per month. Access to even more marketing tools, in addition to phone support.
- Pay-per-campaign – starting at $5 per campaign, plus $0.01 per recipient.
12. Constant Contact
One of the biggest problems that beginners face is that these services can be a bit complicated, but Constant Contact offers one of the best beginner-friendly emailing services. And that’s why it is one of the fastest-growing services on this list.
Constant Contact is there every step of the way with amazing customer support that includes phone, live chat, email, and a community support section.
They offer two email list services called Email and Email Plus. Email is the more basic plan, but it has everything you need like unlimited emails, analytical tools, social media sharing tools, and integration for Shopify.
Whereas the Email Plus plan offers all of that and email automation tools, surveys & polls, A/B testing (targeted emails), and much more. It’s a comprehensive service that can handle small business email marketing for any type.
Benefits of Using Constant Contact
- Facebook Ad Integration
- Free Image Library
- Supports Coupons & Online Donations
Constant Contact Pricing
- The Email plan starts at $20 per month but is dependent on the number of contacts
- The Email Plus plan starts at $45 per month but is dependent on the number of contacts
13. Mad Mimi
When it comes to imaginative names for email marketing services, Mailchimp is hard to beat, but Mad Mimi is a close second.
An affordable solution for email marketing, Mad Mimi has scalable plans to meet your business needs. From as little as $10 per month for basic accounts to much larger corporate capacities, Mad Mimi may help reign in your marketing budget.
Mad Mimi offers a great deal of automation when it comes to managing your email lists. It handles duplicates, unsubscribes, and bounced emails seamlessly, allowing you to focus on more pressing matters.
For instance, a customizable form is available that you can add to any website.
Many marketers love the prospect of real-time tracking. When you are immediately apprised when someone opens, clicks, or forwards an email. Mas Mimi delivers data to you in an easy-to-read chart that can help you fine-tune your campaigns.
Benefits of Using Mad Mimi
- Real-time tracking.
- A/B testing.
Mad Mimi Pricing
- Basic – $10 per month. 500 subscribers, unlimited emails.
- Pro – $42 per month. 10,000 subscribers, unlimited emails.
- Silver – $199 per month. 50,000 subscribers, unlimited emails.
- Gold – $1,049 per month. 350,000 subscribers, 3,500,000 emails.
- Customizable plan for larger lists.
14. SharpSpring Mail
SharpSpring Mail is another powerful email marketing solution that has great potential for small businesses. The email editor is a drag-and-drop, WYSIWYG system that delivers responsive messages to your recipients.
After all, approximately two-thirds of emails in the United States are opened from mobile devices.
SharpSpring delivers a contact tracking capability that allows you to send messages based on user interests and behaviors. In a way, it’s similar to the way Google delivers ads to people according to their online search and browsing activity.
If you have close connections with your contacts, SharpSpring will integrate with social media and provide information related to your contacts. That can give you a greater understanding of who communicates with your business.
Benefits of Using SharpSpring Mail
- Dedicated account manager.
- Unlimited training.
- A sophisticated contact tracking system.
- Social media integration.
SharpSpring Mail Pricing
- 1,500 Contact Plan – $550 per month, up to 1,500 subscribers.
- 10,000 Contact Plan – $850 per month, up to 10,000 subscribers.
- 20,000 Contact Plan – $1250 per month, up to 20,000 subscribers.
- Agency plan – for lists larger than 20,000, contact SharpSpring for a price quote.
- Enterprise plan – for lists with millions of subscribers, contact SharpSpring for a price quote.
Hubspot is one of the biggest names when it comes to CRM software and they also have an excellent blog, but did you know they also have email marketing software? And you can try it for free.
Just because it is free doesn’t mean it lacks useful features!
You will have access to a variety of tools including a drag-and-drop email builder, email templates (great for making a newsletter for your marketing business), automatic email options, and much more.
As you might imagine, this tool integrates with the main CRM software.
This gives you a huge advantage because it supports sending personalized emails based on the information collected by the CRM. Of course, there is a paid version that includes even more features.
Benefits of Using Hubspot
- Utilize A/B testing and Analytics to get the best results
- All emails are optimized for all devices
- Extremely easy to use
- A free version is available
- Starter plan begins at $45 per month
- Professional plan begins at $800 per month
- Enterprise plan begins at $3,200 per month
If your eCommerce business is looking for email marketing and SMS services, then Omnisend is exactly what you need. It specializes in both email and SMS notifications for users.
It has one of the best free versions on this list, so you lose nothing by giving it a try.
Even with just the free version, you will gain access to SMS and web push notifications, ready-to-use automation workflows, and even performance reports.
You get just about everything in the free version.
The main difference is that the amount of emails you send is limited. Thus, you will want to buy a better plan as your email list grows. As you might expect, it integrates with all of the larger eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce.
Benefits of Using Omnisender
- Targetted emails allow you to increase sales and show customers what they want to see
- 30-minute setup
- A/B testing helps you identify what gets the best results
- A robust free version is available
- Standard plan starts at $16 per month
- Pro plan starts at $59 per month
When looking for the best email marketing platforms, you can’t go far without hearing about the excellent services provided by Drip. Its services work for both sites dedicated to eCommerce and blogs.
As you might have guessed, they have a free trial you can use to get started today.
You will find the standard tools that you will need for your email list service, but what really makes Drip stand tall is its automation. You can automate targeted emails to your users, which raises engagement and by extension, sales.
They also offer users a robust drag-and-drop email builder. This opens up the tool to users of all skill levels. Thus, it’s the perfect email marketing tool for a small business or a large corporation.
Benefits of Drip
- Integrates with all major eCommerce platforms
- Live chat support is available
- Great selection of opt-in and sign-up forms
- A free trial is available
- Pricing starts at $39 per month and is adjusted in relation to the number of users and contacts
Types of Marketing Emails to Use
It is also important o know what types of marketing emails are most effective. Once you pick from one of the platforms above, you then need to start a marketing campaign and figure out which types of marketing emails work best.
Also, it is important to remember a few things when diving into email marketing.
- One size does not fit all. You will probably need to play around with your campaigns based on the niche you are trying to market to.
- Don’t oversend. That’s right, no one likes to be bombarded with too many marketing emails. Use them sparingly and appropriately.
- Make sure you are familiar with and follow the guidelines of the CAN-SPAM Act.
Here are some examples of the best marketing emails to try when you are starting out:
- Informational Emails: These should focus on specific offers and information. Be short, to the point, and targeted.
- Digital Newsletters: Build this campaign behind the idea that your customer list will receive a digital newsletter. They can have anything in them you want. They can go out weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.
- Product or Service Updates: These should also be relatively short. Hit your points, give the updates, and provide links to the offers and updates.
- Transitional Emails: Use this marketing email to inform customers of important transitions in policy, ownership, domain change, or anything else relevant to a transition process.
Find the Best Email Services for Your Needs
Choosing the best email marketing services for your small business has the potential to improve success vastly. Just think of the average ROI from the options above. Even with half of the average return, most would still be a worthwhile investment.
In conclusion, weigh your options and choose an email marketing service that works with your needs.
Did we miss your favorite? Let us know in the comments.